Reasons to work for Derbyshire
Derbyshire’s population of older people is growing, which means we’re always on the lookout for people to join our hard-working teams of care workers.
Why choose Derbyshire County Council?
Good pay rates
Our pay rates are:
- £8.91-£9.22 an hour for care workers in the community or in a residential care home
- £10.26-£11.19 an hour for a senior care worker
Good terms and conditions
We’ll give you all the training you need to do the job, free of charge. We’ll also provide you with a uniform and any equipment to carry out your work.
In addition you’ll get:
- Five weeks holiday and eight bank holidays a year – pro rata. After five years you’ll get an extra week.
- Extra pay for unsocial hours – when you work after 7pm or before 7am
- Extra pay for working on a Bank Holiday
- Mileage allowance
- Paid travel time between calls
- No zero hours contracts
As well as providing you with on-the-job training, there are also opportunities to further your career in care, if that’s what you want.