We support disabled people to find training, work experience, voluntary work and paid employment.
Employment is not just about earning money. It provides social contact, structure, friendships and can improve wellbeing and self esteem. We can make employment a realistic option for many disabled people.
We offer the following services:
- help to match you to the job that's right for you
- help to find work experience and voluntary work
- make sure you find out about job vacancies
- help with selling yourself in your application forms and CV
- help you prepare for interviews
- advise you about support in the workplace, such as equipment or other support you may need
- support you to access work placements and apprenticeships
- help employers to support their disabled staff
- promise that you'll get an interview or that you'll get a job
- give you a job or create a job for you
Support for students
Many young people want to go to work, but may feel there is no support for them.
We can help you with:
- work experience
- voluntary work that could lead to paid work
- looking for jobs
- applying for jobs
- mock interviews
- support at interviews
- in work support
We can also tell you about and signpost you to help from other services.
Your business could benefit from using the skills and talents of disabled people.
We can help you find and recruit someone who could be a real asset to your business.
We'll meet with you and discuss what you need, and help you find someone suitable for your organisation.
If the applicant is successful, we can support them if necessary, and can provide on-the-job coaching.
We can also assist employers who have disabled staff and would like some advice or support. This includes providing some free disability awareness training for your staff, or advice on any reasonable adjustments.
Tel: 01629 532440
Disability Employment Service
Derbyshire County Council
Disability Employment Service information leaflets
You can order printed copies of Disability Employment Service information leaflets using the adult care leaflet order form. These can be ordered in bulk by libraries, career support services or similar organisations.