Report a street light fault
Information needed to report a fault
Each lamp and illuminated sign has a unique identification number stencilled on it. It helps if you can give us these important details:
- lamp (or illuminated sign) number 123456
- street (or footpath from or to): Newbold Road
- location: outside number 30, between number 38 and 40, opposite number 23
- problem: lamp out or dim
This helps us to give the best possible service and keep our costs to a minimum.
Emergency street lighting faults
Emergency faults include:
- exposed cables
- street light or illuminated sign that has been knocked down or has something hanging loose
- a door missing
Please report it immediately:
- Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9.30am to 4pm Saturday
- Derbyshire Police, tel: 101 outside the hours listed
Please provide as much information as possible on the location of the fault so that we can sort out the problem quickly.
Never attempt to help by covering up or touching the wiring as you could electrocute yourself.