Validity on train services
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used between any of the stations on the following rail lines at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holiday Mondays, and after 9am on Mondays to Fridays:
- Buxton - Chapel-en-le-Frith - New Mills (Newtown)
- Sheffield - Hathersage - Hope - Edale - Chinley - New Mills (Central)
- Sheffield - Chesterfield - Alfreton - Langley Mill - Ilkeston
- Sheffield - Chesterfield - Derby
- Derby - Belper - Ambergate - Cromford - Matlock
- Derby - Long Eaton
- Derby - Tutbury and Hatton - Uttoxeter
- Derby - Willington - Burton-on-Trent
- Shirebrook - Whitwell
These tickets can be used on lines on trains operated by Cross Country Trains, East Midlands Rail, Northern Trains and TransPennine Express.
The tickets are not valid to or from East Midlands Parkway.
Validity on bus services
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used for travel within Derbyshire on all the local bus services operated by the companies listed, at any time on any day of the week.
They can also be used for journeys to or from Derbyshire on these companies' services operating between Derbyshire and Sheffield (city centre), Macclesfield (town centre), Leek (town centre), Burton-on-Trent (town centre) or Uttoxeter (town centre).
- Arriva Midlands
- Ashbourne CT 'Derbyshire Connect'
- High Peak
- Little's Travel
- Midland Classic
- Notts & Derby
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can't be used on local buses within Sheffield, Macclesfield, Leek, Burton-on-Trent or Uttoxeter, although travel between these town centres and Derbyshire is allowed.
In addition, Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets are valid:
- within Staffordshire on services 441 and 442
- within Nottinghamshire on service 15 (Ilkeston - Sawley)
- between Derbyshire and East Midlands Airport on services SKY (Skylink and Skylink Nottingham) and service 15
- between Glossop and Holmfirth on service 351
The Derbyshire Wayfarer leaflet is attached to this page. If you need further information, please contact the public transport unit: