Travel between Derbyshire and Sheffield city centre, Burton-on-Trent town centre, Macclesfield town centre, Leek town centre and Uttoxeter town centre is also included (valid on direct journeys to and from Derbyshire only).
We are currently unable to issue Wayfarer tickets over the phone or by post due to the coronavirus pandemic.
We hope to reinstate this service as soon as possible when things return to normal, and we apologise for any inconvenience.
You can still buy Wayfarer tickets in person from the outlets listed later on this page but please check first that the outlet has reopened.
Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket prices
- £13.40 for an adult (plus one child under 16)
- £6.70 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16 (a dog may travel in place of a child) or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £24 for a group of up to 2 adults and up to 3 children (a dog may travel in place of a child)
Once purchased, tickets are not refundable.
Buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
You can buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets in advance, or (subject to opening hours) on the day you wish to travel, from the outlets:
Please contact the outlet first to check that they have re-opened.
- tourist information centres in Ashbourne, Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Chesterfield, Derby, Edale, Leek, and Swadlincote
- the bus travel office at Derby Bus Station
- New Mills Heritage Centre
- East Staffordshire Council customer service centre in Burton-on-Trent
- Redfern's Cottage Museum, Uttoxeter
- libraries in Alfreton, Belper, Dronfield, Glossop, Heanor, Ilkeston, Matlock, Melbourne, Swadlincote
You can also buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel from the drivers of these local buses:
- Arriva Midlands
- High Peak
- Midland Classic
- Notts & Derby
- Stagecoach in Chesterfield
- Stagecoach Mansfield
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
These railway station ticket offices sell Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel:
- Long Eaton
- New Mills Central - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
- New Mills Newtown - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill. These tickets are priced at £18.30 (adult) and £9.20 (concessionary). Group tickets are not available from these stations.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets cannot be purchased on-board trains, at unstaffed stations, or from station ticket machines.
Using your Derbyshire Wayfarer
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used on almost all buses and trains in Derbyshire, and to some towns outside the county. Check where you can use your Wayfarer ticket.