Travel between Derbyshire and Sheffield city centre, Burton-on-Trent town centre, Macclesfield town centre, Leek town centre and Uttoxeter town centre is also included (valid on direct journeys to and from Derbyshire only).
Please note that we are currently unable to issue Wayfarer tickets over the phone or by post due to the coronavirus pandemic.
You can still buy Wayfarer tickets in person from the outlets listed later on this page.
We hope to reinstate this service as soon as possible when things return to normal and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket prices
- £13.40 for an adult (plus one child under 16)
- £6.70 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16 (a dog may travel in place of a child) or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £24 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children (a dog may travel in place of a child).
Once purchased, tickets are not refundable.
Buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
You can buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets in advance, or (subject to opening hours) on the day you wish to travel, from any of these outlets:
- tourist information centres in Ashbourne, Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Chesterfield, Derby, Edale, Leek, and Swadlincote
- the bus travel office at Derby Bus Station
- New Mills Heritage Centre
- East Staffordshire Council customer service centre in Burton-on-Trent
- Redfern’s Cottage Museum, Uttoxeter
You can also buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel from the drivers of these local buses:
- Arriva Midlands
- High Peak
- Midland Classic
- Notts & Derby
- Stagecoach in Chesterfield
- Stagecoach Mansfield
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
These railway station ticket offices sell Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel:
- Long Eaton
- New Mills Central - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
- New Mills Newtown - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill. These tickets are priced at £18.30 (adult) and £9.20 (concessionary). Group tickets are not available from these stations.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets cannot be purchased on-board trains, at unstaffed stations, or from station ticket machines.
Using your Derbyshire Wayfarer
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used on almost all buses and trains in Derbyshire, and to some towns outside the county. Check where you can use your Wayfarer ticket.
Win a Wayfarer!
Every Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket entitles you to enter a free monthly draw in which you can win another ticket.
Simply complete the questionnaire on the back of the ticket and send it back to us. You don't even need a stamp.
If you have any unused pre-purchased tickets which were valid only until the end of 2019, you may exchange them for new ones.
Simply send them to us requesting replacements, and new tickets will be sent to you by return.
Only unused, undamaged tickets which are not endorsed 'complimentary' can be replaced.
Please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope for the return of your tickets.