You can also use the Wayfarer ticket to travel between Derbyshire and Sheffield city centre, Burton-on-Trent town centre, Macclesfield town centre, Leek town centre and Uttoxeter town centre on direct journeys to and from Derbyshire. Check where you can use your Wayfarer ticket.
Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket prices
- £14 for an adult (plus one child under 16)
- £7 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16 (a dog may travel in place of a child) or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £25.20 for a group of up to 2 adults and up to 3 children (a dog may travel in place of a child)
Once purchased, tickets are not refundable. Please note we no longer use the journey information on the back of used tickets so please do not send any used tickets back to us.
Where to buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
You can buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel from the drivers of these local buses:
- Arriva Midlands
- High Peak
- Midland Classic
- Notts & Derby
- Stagecoach in Chesterfield
- Stagecoach Mansfield
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
These railway station ticket offices also sell Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel:
- Long Eaton
- New Mills Central - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
- New Mills Newtown - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill. These tickets are priced at £18.30 (adult) and £9.20 (concessionary). Group tickets are not available from these stations.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets cannot be purchased on-board trains, at unstaffed stations, or from station ticket machines.
You can also buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets in advance, or on the day you wish to travel, from the following outlets:
- tourist information centres in Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Chesterfield, Derby and Edale
- the bus travel office at Derby Bus Station
- New Mills Heritage Centre
- Redfern's Cottage Museum, Uttoxeter
- libraries in Alfreton, Belper, Dronfield, Glossop, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Matlock, Melbourne, Swadlincote
It is no longer possible to obtain Wayfarer tickets from our offices, either over the phone or by post. We apologise for any inconvenience.