Standard of training
All our training is in line with national policies and guidance. We're also able to provide the opportunity for individuals to gain vocational qualifications through our partnership with City and Guilds.
We provide support to newly qualified social workers through our assessed supported year in employment (ASYE) programme and we support continuous professional development for all our staff.
Children's social care training
We have training opportunities for children's social care staff. Contacts for each of these courses are given with the course information.
Safer Derbyshire training
Safer Derbyshire offers a wide range of free community safety training.
Derbyshire County Council employees
Derbyshire Learning Online is our learning platform, where employees can book learning, complete e-learning modules and explore a range of learning resources to enhance knowledge and develop careers.
All our employees already have accounts set up on Derbyshire Learning Online, to login use your SAP payroll number or email address and your password. If you have forgotten your password, click on 'Lost Password?' on the Derbyshire Learning Online login page and follow the instructions.
If you're a Derbyshire County Council employee, but don't have a Derbyshire County Council email address, you or your direct line manager should email email@example.com who will help you to log in to your account.
If you are not employed by Derbyshire County Council and would like access to Derbyshire Learning Online, click on 'create new account' on the Derbyshire Learning Online login page and follow the instructions.
How to find and book learning on Derbyshire Learning Online
- log in to Derbyshire Learning Online
- select 'find learning' and type the course title into the search box
- select the course title and then click on view
- scroll down the course page and you will see a list of bookable learning events
- find an appropriate date and select 'sign-up' and complete the on-screen form to book your place
- you will receive an email confirmation of your booking
- if you need to cancel or amend your booking you can do this by logging into your Derbyshire Learning Online account, searching for the course, scrolling down the course page, selecting 'cancel booking' and typing your reason for cancellation