If you need help
If you need help and have no friends or family you can call on, you can register to get help online.
There is also guidance available on how to get an online supermarket delivery slot if you are shielding.
If you want to volunteer
You can register to volunteer online and help people in your local community who don't have anyone else to call on.
Offering PPE or other support from your business
If you are interested in offering personal protective equipment (PPE) or other support you will first need to register to offer coronavirus support from your business. The government are keen to ensure that PPE meets the required quality standards and they are able to coordinate a national supply.
Partner volunteer organisations
We're calling on Derbyshire's strong network of community groups, voluntary organisations and businesses to help by joining the Derbyshire Community Response Unit. Do you belong to a business or group that could help supply goods or services?
The Community Response Unit will help those in need by delivering services such as:
- food shopping and delivery
- checking up on people who are isolated with a phone call or online help to prevent loneliness and check whether there is anything they need
- collecting and delivering prescriptions
Residents who could be helped by the Community Response Unit include those who are self-isolating because they, or a member of their household, is at risk from coronavirus. Support will be offered to residents struggling to meet their basic needs because of financial, social and health restrictions – including pregnant women, people with some underlying health conditions and those aged 70 or over.
If you're involved in a community group, voluntary organisation or business and you have members who are below the age of 70 who are fit and well then we want to hear from you.
Please fill in our questionnaire if your group or organisation can help.
Register your organisation for the community response unit
We'll get in touch to let you know what will happen next after we have a picture of the level of support available across the county.
Read our media release on setting up the community response unit for more information.
Our partners are:
- Age Concern
- Age UK
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Amber Valley Centre for Voluntary Services
- Bolsover - Bassetlaw CVS
- Bolsover District Council
- British Red Cross
- Chesterfield and North Derbyshire LINKS CVS
- Chesterfield and District African / Caribbean Community Association
- Chesterfield District Council
- Citizens Advice
- Connex Community Support - Buxton
- Derby and Derbyshire Voluntary Chaplaincy
- Derbyshire Carers Association
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Derbyshire Dales Council for Voluntary Services
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Derbyshire Emergency Volunteers
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- Derbyshire Voluntary Action
- East Midlands Ambulance Patient Transport Service
- Erewash Borough Council
- Erewash Volunteer Centre
- Healthwatch Derbyshire
- High Peak Borough Council
- High Peak CVS
- New Mills Volunteer Centre
- North East Derbyshire District Council
- Peak 4 x 4
- Royal Mail
- Rural Action Derbyshire
- South Derbyshire CVS
- South Derbyshire District Council
- St John Ambulance Service
- The Bureau Glossop
- The Volunteer Centre, Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire CVS