We’re investing in our children’s social work service and expanding our teams across Derbyshire.
We’re currently remodelling our children’s social work service to create smaller teams with reduced caseloads supported by new practice supervisors.
We have a variety of positions available for experienced, newly-qualified and graduate social workers in our children’s social work service including in our child protection, children in care and disability teams across our six locality areas and our specialist disability service.
We offer something different
- You’ll receive excellent supervision and support.
- We’re committed to systemic practice and safe outcomes.
- You’ll be part of a supportive peer network with supportive colleagues and managers.
- We’re investing in our children’s social work service to recruit additional workers and secure its future.
- You’ll have a manageable caseload.
- You'll enjoy a diverse range of cases provide an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience.
- Despite the challenges of the role morale in Derbyshire is high.
- We have excellent training and development opportunities including a focus on practice skills and leadership development.
- We offer on-the-job opportunities and clear career pathways into roles such as practice supervisors and the chance to train for further formal qualifications.
- Effective leadership and management helps to reduce risk for our social workers as well as the children and families they support.
- We take a preventative, practical and honest approach to our work with families.
- We’ve introduced accelerated pay progression opportunities for frontline social workers following their ASYE.
- We have salaries which are competitively benchmarked with other East Midlands authorities.
- Our children’s services are rated ‘good’ by Ofsted with many examples of ‘outstanding’ practice.
- We have excellent partnership working arrangements that help our social workers deliver good outcomes for children and their families.
The benefits of working for us
- You’ll be eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme where you pay your contributions and we pay too. It’s a flexible scheme and an important part of your employment package providing an excellent range of benefits.
- You’ll be part of a generous annual leave and flexi time scheme.
- We support flexible working and leave arrangements.
- You’ll enjoy benefits including our occupational health, physiotherapy and counselling services, free car parking at most of our sites and free childcare vouchers.
- Derbyshire is a great place to live and work. It’s only a short drive to Derby, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester but is also home to miles of beautiful countryside and has the Peak District National Park on its doorstep. The county enjoys house prices below the UK average and has great road and rail links.
- We’re a council that cares – and that comes across to our families.
Apply to be a social worker with us
Register your interest in becoming a social worker with us by completing our simple form.
Complete recruitment enquiry form
You can also apply for jobs online or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
If you're interested in applying, but want to talk it over first, you can contact:
- North Derbyshire (Chesterfield, Bolsover, High Peak): Jason Swan - Tel: 01629 537188 (or 01629 537205)
- South Derbyshire (Amber Valley, Erewash, South Derbyshire): Paula Lievesley - Tel: 01629 532542 or Shelley Cooper on 01629 532542
For all recruitment enquiries, contact Shelley Cooper on 01629 532542.