Services that can be accessed through First Contact
We work with a variety of statutory and voluntary sector organisations who can provide information on:
Staying safe and secure at home
- Home fire safety checks and smoke alarms
- home safety and security advice
- support for victims of bogus callers, rogue traders and scams
- preventing falls
- community alarms
- existing or future housing needs
- energy efficiency and warm homes advice
- housing repairs
Social and recreational activities
- local social groups, clubs and activities
- local befriending services for people who are lonely or isolated
- community transport
- home library service
Work, learning, volunteering and income
- disability employment support
- adult education courses
- welfare benefits check
- volunteering and time swap opportunities
Families and relationships
- support for unpaid or informal carers
- support for ex-service personnel and their dependents
- advice and support for parents coping with young families under 19
Health and wellbeing
- stopping smoking
- weight management
- getting active
- reducing alcohol intake
- substance misuse problem
- emotional wellbeing
- managing daily living activities
- dementia and memory support
Please see the First Contact Partner Directory attached to this page for further information about the services offered as part of the scheme.
Complete the First Contact form to get help
The scheme works by using a series of questions to find out what sort of help, advice and services you could benefit from.
To make a referral all you need to do is fill in the First Contact online form and answer the questions.
You can also print out a paper version of the First Contact form attached to this page. You will need to send completed paper forms by post or fax to Call Derbyshire. The address and fax number are printed on the bottom of the form.
Both online and paper referrals are processed at Call Derbyshire and your details will be passed to the organisations who supply the services that you expressed interest in.
The relevant organisations will then contact you directly within 28 days to see how they can help you. Your details will be held by us and will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
First Contact for professionals
Health, social care, housing workers and any other professionals who provide support services can use the First Contact scheme to refer clients who they feel would benefit from the service. If you are a professional and would like further information, please see partnership agencies.
For further information on the First Contact Derbyshire Signposting Scheme, please contact Call Derbyshire, email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 533190.