First Contact is a free service for adults living in Derbyshire. It provides an easy way for you to get in touch with local services who can support your wellbeing and help you stay independent. We run the scheme in partnership with a variety of local agencies.
Services that can be accessed through First Contact
We work with a variety of statutory and voluntary sector organisations who can provide information on the following.
Staying safe and secure at home
- home fire safety checks and smoke alarms
- home safety and security advice
- support for victims of bogus callers, rogue traders and scams
- preventing falls
- community alarms
- existing or future housing needs
- energy efficiency and warm homes advice
- housing repairs
Social and recreational activities
- local social groups, clubs and activities
- local befriending services for people who are lonely or isolated
- community transport
- home library service
Work, learning, volunteering and income
- disability employment support
- adult education courses
- welfare benefits check
- volunteering and time swap opportunities
Families and relationships
- support for unpaid or informal carers
- support for ex-service personnel and their dependents
- advice and support for parents coping with young families under 19
Health and wellbeing
- stopping smoking
- weight management
- getting active
- reducing alcohol intake
- substance misuse problem
- emotional wellbeing
- managing daily living activities
- dementia and memory support
Making a referral
Please do not use this form to contact us about safeguarding matters or to request an urgent assessment. Please contact Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190 if your concern is urgent.
Please complete this form to make a referral to the First Contact Derbyshire Signposting Scheme. You can make a referral for yourself, a family member or a friend. If you're a professional you can refer a client or patient.
You can make a referral to the First Contact Signposting Scheme online, or contact Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190.
Make a First Contact referral
If you have any problems making a referral or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're making a referral on behalf of someone else you must get their permission first. By completing the 'statement of consent' you are confirming that you've gained their consent and explained the scheme to them.
All the information in the form is confidential and will be submitted securely. If you provide your email address, you will receive an email upon successful submission followed by a second email to confirm the referral has been received and opened.