A temporary closure is sometimes necessary to allow works to be carried out on or near the path. We aim to keep any inconvenience to a minimum and will work to open the path as quickly as possible.
For more information about temporary closures or if you intend to carry out works on or near a public right of way see our information about temporary closures.
Long Causeway, Chapel Gate and The Roych
Long Causeway, Chapel Gate and The Roych have restrictions in place. The Peak District National Park Authority has further information.
There are special circumstances that apply to routes on race days at the Darley Moor motor racing circuit near Ashbourne.
The provision to close these routes, on days upon which motorcycle racing or other activities which are authorised by planning permission are taking place, was made by formal agreement with us in 1970 as part of a Deed of Dedication of footpaths and a bridleway crossing the former airfield.
Routes closed on race days
On race days, the following routes will normally be closed:
- Edlaston and Wyaston Public Footpath 19 from SK16904257 for to SK17574264
- Edlaston and Wyaston Public Bridleway 20 from SK17394213 to SK17704258
- Edlaston and Wyaston Public Footpath 21 from SK17314247 to SK17054226
- Edlaston and Wyaston Public Footpath 22 from SK17314240 to SK17704220
- Snelston Public Footpath 23 from SK16874224 to SK17054226
The map attached to this page shows the location of the route closures and nearby public footpaths and roads that may be used as an alternative. Please check the path closure register for other temporary closures that may affect nearby routes.
The following dates have been announced as race days, subject to any government restrictions.
- 2, 3, 6, 11, 25 and 29 July 2022
- 13, 14 and 26 August 2022
- 5, 11 and 26 September 2022
- 8 and 9 October 2022
For further information visit the Darley Moor Sports Centre website.
Enquiries about the content of the register can be made to:
Public Rights of Way Team
Derbyshire County Council