It was set up to:
- involve people in the life of the museum
- promote lifelong learning
- encourage interest in science, art and history across all ages
- raise funds for museum projects
The friends organise their own programme of talks and visits and members contribute to the smooth running of meetings.
Benefits of membership
- free monthly talks, usually on the last Saturday of each month at 3pm (guests pay £3 per talk)
- occasional visits to places of interest
- invitations to previews of the museum's temporary art exhibitions
- opportunities to volunteer with the museum and its collections
Programme of talks
We're optimistic that the 2022 programme will go ahead. Coronavirus restrictions may apply.
- 29 January 2022 - Andrew McCloy (Chair of the Peak District National Park) - 70th Anniversary and Foundation of the Peak Park
- 26 February 2022 - Terence Newholm - Buxton's Grotesques
- 26 March 2022 - David Templeman - Sheffield Castle and Manor House, an update
- 23 April 2022 - David Skillen - Giants in Sky, the Zeppelin in World War 1
- 21 May 2022 - Brian Stone - Jacobite Rebellion in Derbyshire
Join the Friends of Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
If you'd like join, please contact us to have a form sent to you, email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 533540.