INEOS has submitted a planning application to explore shale gas reserves on privately-owned land off Bramleymoor Lane, between the villages of Apperknowle and Marsh Lane.
The site is located 0.5km to the south-west of Marsh Lane, near Eckington, in North East Derbyshire District. This proposal involves underground drilling and investigation but not the process of fracking.
In February 2017, we decided an environmental impact assessment was not needed for this proposal. In June 2017, a Government minister gave a direction which came to the same conclusion.
INEOS may or may not decide to apply for planning permission to carry out further investigations at the site in the future. An assessment may be needed if INEOS decides to apply for any other planning permission.
Information that we've received from INEOS about the Bramleymoor Lane site near Marsh Lane, along with our detailed decision and the Government minister's direction about the environmental impact assessment is attached to this page.
Read about the planning process to find out what happens next.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- INEOS EIA Question Response (32KB)
- INEOS advert for Derbyshire Times (83KB)
- INEOS submission January 2017 (5016KB)
- Marsh Lane site location (1768KB)
- INEOS Covering Letter January 2017 (181KB)
- INEOS Screening Response Letter PEDL300 Site 1 (256KB)
- Marsh lane resident information sheet (289KB)
- Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011 - Screening Opinion (248KB)
- Letter re: extension of time for the Application to Drill a Vertical Core Well at Land Adjacent to Bramleymoor Lane, near Marsh Lane, Eckington (68KB)
- Letter - Request for a screening direction (102KB)
- Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations 2011 Secretary of State Screening Direction - Written Statement (123KB)