Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Council development

Development which is carried out by us in connection with the supply of our services is dealt with under the Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992. Proposals for such development are normally be submitted through the county property officer.

Most of these proposals are for the development of new or replacement facilities at schools, for example:

  • new classrooms
  • toilets
  • car parks
  • sports halls
  • security fencing

Other developments include new facilities for the supply of social services, for example:

  • family centres and homes for older people
  • improved libraries
  • projects for the reclamation of derelict land
  • countryside facilities
  • development of household waste recycling centres

Development sometimes requires separate permissions for works affecting listed buildings or conservation areas.