Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Council land and property

We maintain records of all council-owned land and property.

If you wish to find out if we own a particular piece of land or property then you can contact:

Corinne O'Neill
County Property Division
Chatsworth Hall
Chesterfield Road

email: corinne.o'
tel: 01629 536203
fax: 01629 536266

In order to assist your enquiry we'll need to know the boundaries of the land in question and if possible the full postal address.

It's often difficult to give a precise answer to queries handled over the phone.

For a more precise answer we recommend that you submit a plan or map showing the exact boundaries of the land in question.

Enquiries about privately owned property

Enquiries about privately owned land should be made to the Land Registry at Nottingham West Land Registry Office on tel: 0115 9351166.

The estates team role

The estates team works on behalf of various departments and other government bodies, including the Fire and Rescue Service and Diocese of Derby, to provide a professional property advisory service.

This includes providing valuation advice and the negotiation of land and property acquisitions, disposals and management of existing land and property holdings.

Other work carried out by the estates team includes:

  • tenancy renewals
  • service of notice to tenants and travellers
  • rent reviews
  • asset and rating valuations
  • insurance valuations
  • negotiation and agreement of compulsory purchase compensation claims
  • representation on our behalf in proceedings brought before the court, land tribunal and Local Government Ombudsman

They also provide advice on whether we own or lease land.

The overriding aim of the team is to ensure that we obtain good value for money in all our property dealings.

Trespass and vandalism on our land and property

Each year we have to spend money we can't afford to repair buildings damaged by vandalism or land damaged by illegal trespass.

Please contact us during the day on tel: 01629 536219 or tel: 999 if you see anyone behaving suspiciously near our property.