Taking even the most simple steps can reduce your running costs, attract new customers who want to buy sustainably, and help you seize new opportunities.
Small businesses all over Derbyshire and the UK are committing to reducing carbon emissions to net zero by 2050.
Will you be the next to join them and save yourself money while also saving the planet?
There’s lots of support and advice available to help you. Check out simple changes that can save you money and help you grow on the UK Business Climate Hub.
Looking for financial support to help you make your business greener? There’s lots of grant schemes available including:
- Workplace Charging Scheme – get a voucher covering up to 75% of purchase and installation of electric vehicle charge points for your workplace
- Plug-in Charging Grant Scheme – grants are available to help pay for the purchase of electric vans and cars
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Employees give up some of their income (salary sacrifice), in return for bikes and cycling equipment. Any size business can operate a cycle to work scheme
- Green Entrepreneurs Fund – our £2M fund offering training and business development opportunities for businesses and communities looking to develop green energy and low carbon solutions
- Capital allowances claim scheme – Claim enhanced capital allowances on your tax return for buying energy and water-efficient equipment for your business, which includes some cars with low CO2 emissions, energy saving equipment, water saving equipment, gas, biogas and hydrogen refuelling equipment and new zero-emission goods vehicles
- DE-Carbonise Programme – offering Derbyshire businesses in free carbon reduction surveys.
Many banks also have specialised loans that can be used specifically for green improvements such as installing renewable energy system or improving energy efficiency. Speak to your bank or accountant about tailored green business finance.
Also check out the D2N2 Growth Hub which give free, impartial advice to help businesses grow.