Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

We're planning essential maintenance on Sunday 24 June 2018 from 8am to noon. It may cause disruption to the website. Apologies for any inconvenience.

close alert bar

Become a childminder

Our Derbyshire basic induction and registration training sessions can help you to decide if childminding is for you.

You'll receive information, advice and guidance on completing your Ofsted application pack, the Early Years Foundation Stage and preparing you for your registration visit. 

Before you attend a session you might find it helpful to find out more about the Ofsted registers and the early years foundation stage.

Becoming a home child carer

A home child carer is a person aged 18 or over who cares for children (aged up to 17) in their own home. Or for children of no more than two families, wholly or mainly at the home of one or both families at any one time, such as a nanny share.

If a person cares for the children of three or more families at any one time, the law says they're no longer a home child carer but a childminder.

For more detailed information on becoming a home child carer please go to the home child carer section of the Ofsted website.

Home child carers living and offering care in Derbyshire and registered with Ofsted can access the training opportunities provided by the workforce development team.

To find out more please contact the team tel: 01629 532096.

Help from HM Revenues and Customs education team

Starting and running a business is challenging so HMRC provide a wide range of help and support to help you run your business including videos, emails, e-learning, record-keeping apps and online presentations (webinars). Webinars are offered on a bi-monthly bases.

HMRC also offer tax advice tailored for your needs if you are thinking of setting up as an Ofsted registered childminder.