We can help you achieve your potential in English and maths faster with our 10-week intensive online 'functional skills' English and maths courses.
These classes are 2.5 hours once a week, delivered live online with Microsoft Teams. You will also need to study for at least 2.5 hours per week at home.
At the end of the course, you can complete the qualification assessments in one of our registered centres. These courses run from Entry level 3, Level 1 and Level 2 only. We have 10-week intensive courses starting in January or April 2022 available to join.
- English Intensive Entry Level 3, January 9.30am to midday, Thursday
- English Intensive Level 1, January 9.30am to midday, Tuesday
- English Intensive Level 2, January 9.30am to midday, Tuesday
- English Intensive Entry Level 3, April 9.30am to midday, Thursday
- English Intensive Level 1, April 9.30am to midday, Tuesday
- English Intensive Level 2, April 9.30am to midday, Tuesday
- Maths Intensive Entry 3, January 12.30pm to 3pm, Wednesday
- Maths Intensive Level 1, January 12.45pm to 3.15pm, Wednesday
- Maths Intensive Level 2, January 12.45pm to 3.15pm, Tuesday
- Maths Intensive Entry 3, April 12.30pm to 3pm, Wednesday
- Maths Intensive Level 1, April 12.45pm to 3.15pm, Wednesday
- Maths Intensive Level 2, April 12.45pm to 3.15pm, Tuesday
We also provide longer courses (up to 30 weeks) working towards the functional skills qualification at your own pace, face-to-face in a centre or over Microsoft Teams. Classes are 2 hours a week, and you complete the qualification assessments in the centre at the end of the course. These courses run from Entry Level up to Level 2.
Making choices, step into learning courses
Before starting a course, we ask all learners to attend a 'making choices, step into learning' session. This session helps us find out your current level and give you the option best suited to you.
We run face-to-face sessions in Alfreton, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Swadlincote, Ashbourne, Matlock, Glossop, Hunloke, Fairfield, Bolsover and Shirebrook.
To book one of the 'making choices' sessions or find out more, ask in one of the centres or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title 'intensive English/maths'.
Do you need to get a GCSE qualification? We have intensive online GCSE Foundation Maths and GCSE English Language via Microsoft Teams starting in January 2022.
Before the 17-week intensive course, you will need to attend a 2-week 'Step up to GCSE' class. This short course will give you a flavour of the GCSE level and a taste of the content to help you decide if a GCSE course is right for you.
- Step Up to GCSE English, 14 and 21 December 2021, 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Step Up to GCSE Maths, 15 and 17 December 2021, 1pm to 4pm
- GCSE English Language, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 11 January to 25 May 2022, 9.30am to 11.45am
- GCSE Maths Foundation, Wednesdays and Fridays, 12 January to 27 May 2022, 1pm to 4.15pm
Both GCSE courses have classes twice a week from January until the May 2022 examinations. Therefore, you will need to attend both sessions each week and the Step Up to GCSE in December.
Please email email@example.com with the subject title 'GCSE English/maths' today to book one of these sessions!
These options are all for learners aged 19 and over. For anyone under this age, please enquire and we can talk through options and check eligibility.