We offer adults in Derbyshire:
Find an adult education course
- high quality and enjoyable learning in a safe environment
- qualifications to move on in life and at work
- community learning courses in a wide variety of subjects
- face-to-face, online and blended learning courses at our adult education centres
Qualifications and skills
We offer a range of courses offering different qualifications and study levels:
New skills and qualifications can help boost your chances of success in a rapidly changing job market.
Many courses are free or have fee reductions depending on your personal circumstances.
Choosing a course can be difficult. But we can give you support and guidance to help you make the right decision.
Most courses are split into 'levels' (for example level 2, level 3). We offer courses up to level 3 and can help signpost other providers if you would like to take your learning further. The level best for you will depend on any existing qualifications and experience.
Join a making choices session to find out what qualification level you might be able to learn at.
If you aren't sure where to start or need help with preparing a CV, doing applications or interviews, we can help, whatever your age and ambitions. We offer free online short careers workshops run by our careers service coaches.
Learning for 14 to 19-year-olds
We offer a range of programmes tailored for learners aged 14 to 19.
We can help you to build your confidence and gain real skills for work or to help you with further study.
Community learning / tailored learning
Our community learning courses allow you to learn or develop a new skill in a supportive environment.
You don't need any prior skills or qualifications to join us on one of these courses.
With us, you can:
- learn techniques to improve your health and wellbeing
- get skills to take your learning further
- get back to learning
- build confidence
- gain employment skills
- learn how to support your children's learning
- gain knowledge and skills in sustainability
- gain skills to help develop stronger communities
We offer a wide range of subjects and both face-to-face and online courses.
If you need help with booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 531241.
Book courses to improve your wellbeing through creativity
Book courses to equip you to support your children’s learning
Book courses to improve your health and wellbeing