We are asking for views on a range of possible improvements including:
- new staffed e-bike hire centres and more secure cycle parking
- cycle hubs at railway stations or other locations
- docked e-bikes in towns and villages
- pool e-bikes at workplaces and visitor accommodation sites
- a ‘dial an e-bike’ scheme for small workplaces and visitor accommodation sites
Derbyshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Clean Growth and Regeneration, Councillor Tony King, said:
“As part of our climate change strategy, we are looking at a range of options to improve cycle hire across Derbyshire.
“Cycling provides a range of environmental and health benefits so we want to make it as easy as possible for people to make more journeys by bike instead of a car.”
Have your say and be in with a chance of winning a £50 shopping voucher. The closing date is Friday 6 May 2022.
The project is part of our pledge to reduce the emissions it generates to net-zero by 2032 or sooner and help the rest of Derbyshire reduce carbon emissions generated within the county to net zero by 2050 or sooner.
Read more about cycling in Derbyshire.