We’re encouraging people aged over 40 to get a free blood pressure check during Know Your Numbers week on 4 to 10 September.
If you're over 40 you can get your blood pressure checked for free with an NHS Health Check at your GP, at most pharmacies and in some workplaces too.
Cabinet Member for Health and Communities, Councillor Carol Hart said:
“High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, doesn’t often have noticeable symptoms.
“But if it is left untreated can increase your risk of serious health problems such as heart attacks and strokes.
“That’s why getting your blood pressure checked is so important.”
Know Your Numbers Week is an annual national campaign that aims to raise awareness of high blood pressure and encourage all UK adults to get a blood pressure check.
Our free inhouse healthy lifestyles service Live Life Better Derbyshire will be delivering blood pressure checks during the week.
It’s also a great opportunity to find out more about Live Life Better Derbyshire’s free healthy lifestyle services.
These include support to help you stop smoking, help with weight management and information about how to get more active.
For more information on blood pressure checks, visit www.nhs.uk/bloodpressure
There will be a free blood pressure check-ups on the follow dates:
- Cantelupe Centre Ilkeston. 10:30am to 12:30pm Monday 4 September
- Holmehall Unite Community Group. 1pm to 4pm Tuesday 5 September
- County Hall Matlock reception. 10am to 3pm Tuesday 5 September
- Amber Valley CVS (Ripley Market Place). 9am - 1pm Tuesday 5 September
- Ripley Co-op (High Street Ripley).1:30pm to 4:30pm Tuesday 5 September
- County Hall Matlock reception. 10am to 3pm Wednesday 6 September
- County Hall Matlock reception. 10am to 3pm Thursday 7 September
- Whitworth centre. 11am to 2pm Thursday 7 September
- Cresswell Heritage Centre. 10:30am to 1pm and 3:30pm - 5pm Thursday 7 September
- Hurst Farm Matlock. midday to 1pm Thursday 7 September
- Sandiacre Library. 10am to 12pm Thursday 7 September
- Elim Church Ashbourne. 10am to 3pm Thursday 7 September
- The Brook Community Church. Shirebrook. 10am to 1pm Thursday 7 September
- Sharley Park Leisure Centre, Clay Cross. 10am to 12pm Thursday 7 September
- Ashbourne Library. 9:30am to 12:30pm Friday 8 September.