What this consultation is about
This consultation will enable the local authority to assess future needs for all Short Break services and proposes alternative and more efficient use of finite resources. Whilst maintaining current funding levels.
The aim of the consultation is to gather views on the ongoing development of Short Break services for disabled children, young people, and their families in Derbyshire. The consultation covers the following 8 areas:
- Types of Short Break services you currently access
- How does a Short Break help your family
- Derbyshire County Councils (DCC) Short Break statement
- Residential development to replace Spire Lodge
- Development within Derbyshire of a dedicated Emergency bed
- Resource Allocation System assessment
- Outback services
- About you
Within the consultation, the word ‘child’ refers to the disabled child or young person.
You may also be interested in the short breaks for disabled children, young people and their families - survey for children 2021.