What this consultation is about
We’re committed to providing the best possible care and accommodation for older people across Derbyshire. An independent survey has found that some of our older care homes need extensive work to bring them up to modern standards, including completely rewiring. Even if repairs were carried out, some of our homes are no longer fit for the purpose of providing high quality care for older people with increasingly complex needs.
Taking this in to account and considering the significant cost and extent of work required to bring the buildings up to standard we are consulting on the possible closure of 7 homes and to refurbish and retain 3 others.
The proposals are to close:
- Ladycross House, Travers Road, Sandiacre
- Beechcroft, Nursery Avenue, West Hallam
- East Clune, West Street, Clowne (including East Clune Day Centre)
- Holmlea, Waverley Street, Tibshelf
- The Spinney, Landsdowne Road, Brimington
- Goyt Valley House, Jubilee Street, New Mills
- Gernon Manor, Haddon Road, Bakewell
And to refurbish and keep open:
- Briar Close House, Briar Close, Borrowash
- Rowthorne, Rowthorne Avenue, Swanwick
- New Bassett House, Park Avenue, Shirebrook
We need your views on the proposals. Please complete the survey and tell us about your current or potential future use of residential care homes and what you think about the changes we're proposing.
This survey closes at midnight on Friday 24 April 2020.
Find out more about our strategy for care homes.