Derbyshire County Council and relevant district and borough councils have committed to Vision Derbyshire to drive forward efficiency and effectiveness improvements in the way the authorities work together.
Within the context of Vision Derbyshire, partners have agreed to strategically collaborate to improve outcomes for people and places, speak with one voice as a county, and co-ordinate resources better and more sustainably.
The Vision Derbyshire programme has an established governance framework consisting of:
- a chief executives' steering group (made up of Derbyshire County Council, Derbyshire Dales District Council, Amber Valley Borough Council and Chesterfield Borough Council)
- a wider Vision Derbyshire Chief Executives' Group (consisting of Derbyshire County Council and all district authorities, except South Derbyshire District Council)
- a leaders' group which meets every month (made up of the Derbyshire County Council and all district authorities, except South Derbyshire District Council)
A number of pilot projects have been established within the Vision Derbyshire programme, one of which has been focused on economic development and supporting key aspects of COVID recovery.
Since July 2020, an Economic Development Working Group has been meeting to identify pilot project areas based on agreed collaboration principles and focused on key recovery issues in relation to: climate change, tourism, local economy, high street and town centre renewal and social mobility. The working group has been reporting progress to the Chief Executives' Steering Group and the Leaders' Group.
In December 2020, it was agreed the working group establish a business start-up project consisting of 5 new start-up advisers and an accompanying grant scheme to assist economic recovery and meet the objectives of developing and increasing the business base across Derbyshire. Learning from the pilot will help to inform longer term collaboration and business support programmes. A total of £1 million was secured from the D2 Joint Committee to support the work.
The original working group has now transformed into the Vision Derbyshire Economic Development Board which will be responsible for overseeing the progress and effectiveness of the start-up project. More specifically, a number of delivery arrangements have been developed:
- all 10 Derbyshire authorities are included in the business start-up pilot project: Derbyshire County Council, Derby City Council, Amber Valley Borough Council, Bolsover District Council, Chesterfield Borough Council, Derbyshire Dales District Council, Erewash Borough Council (via the Erewash Business Partnership), High Peak Borough Council, North East Derbyshire District Council and South Derbyshire District Council
- Derbyshire County Council is the employing organisation for the 5 new start-up advisers
- day to day deployment of the advisers will be undertaken via the relevant district council
- administration and management of the start-up grant scheme will be undertaken by Derbyshire County Council – working in partnership with the advisers, the city and district and borough councils
We're committed to protecting your personal data and ensuring that it is processed fairly and lawfully. Information you provide to us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and subsequent legislation.
We collect different categories of information about you, depending on the service you are requesting and the reason we need to process information relating to you. The data we process may be your name and address or in certain circumstances we may be required to process more sensitive personal data, known as special category data.
Purpose of processing
The information provided will only be processed for the purpose of meeting our statutory and legal responsibilities, delivering services, developing, and improving services, measuring our performance, and providing information and training in relation to the Vision Derbyshire Economic Management Start Up Programme.
Your personal data is being collected as an essential part of the Vision Derbyshire Economic Management Start Up Programme process. Your personal data will help make sure your application is reviewed appropriately and ensure that we contact the right people regarding the outcomes of the process.
This privacy notice explains:
- how personal information is going to be used
- what it is used for
- who it might be shared with and why
- how long it is kept
The categories of personal data we are processing are:
- applicant name
- application contact name and position
- contact telephone number
- email address
- postal address
- financial data
- senior responsible officer contact details
- employment status
Special category data
It is a requirement of public funding that monitoring is undertaken for equal opportunities purposes. You will be asked to supply the following information as part of the grant application.
We have been designated as the lead authority in Derbyshire for the Vision Derbyshire Economic Management Board Start Up Programme. For the purposes of the support, all personal data held by the following partners will be considered a data controller for the personal data and confidential information it holds on a data subject:
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Bolsover District Council
- Chesterfield Borough Council
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Erewash Partnership
- High Peak Borough Council
- North East Derbyshire District Council
- South Derbyshire District Council
- Derby City Council
This is for all Vision Derbyshire Economic Management Board Start Up Fund related personal data collected with the relevant forms as part of this process.
We ensure that your personal data is accurate, processed fairly and lawfully, kept secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The legal basis for processing personal data
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller. In relation to special category data, there is a substantial public interest in processing this data to ensure equality of opportunity or treatment.
As part of the initial contact form you will be asked to confirm that you accept the uses of your personal data, as outlined here, and restated on the application form for funding. Although the word 'consent' is used on the application form, this is not a reference to a lawful basis to use your data.
How we use your personal information
- provide business support to individuals and businesses
- process funding applications
- use your personal data for contact purposes
Sharing your information
Data shall be shared with representatives from the named district or borough, city council and Erewash Partnership. It will not be shared with any other third parties unless required by law. The information provided will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have agreed to this or to take any automated decisions.
Amount of time we will hold your information
The information provided will be kept in accordance with our retention policy.
Keeping your information secure
We are committed to protecting personal data and have data policies and procedures in place to ensure that it is safeguarded.
- right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on them
- right of rectification: you have the right to correct data that is inaccurate or incomplete
- right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances, individuals can ask organisations to erase any personal data that is stored on them
- right of portability: you can request that we transfer any data that we hold on you to another company
- right to restrict processing: you can request that we limit the way we use personal data
- right to object: you have the right to challenge certain types of processing, such as direct marketing
Should you wish to raise any concerns about how we have processed your personal data you can contact the data protection officer, please contact us:
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner.
If you would like a copy of this information in a different format, please email: email@example.com