We're committed to protecting your personal data and ensuring it is processed fairly and lawfully. Information you provide to us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation and subsequent legislation.
Purpose of processing
To support your small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) we may use your information to:
- check eligibility for support from the project
- register your business for support for the project
- carry out energy/resource data analysis and research for audit reports and/or grant applications
- process applications for DE-Carbonise grant funding
- provide documentary evidence to our funder for grants and carbon reduction consultancy provided to businesses
- send you communications that you have requested
- check information you have provided, or information about you that someone else has provided, with other information we hold
- obtain information about you from third parties, or give information to them to check the accuracy of the information, prevent or detect fraud or protect public funds
The third parties include government departments, other local authorities and private sector companies, as allowed by law.
The data we hold may include personal information such as:
- your name
- contact details
It may also include special categories of data such as your ethnicity or disability status.
The legal bases for when we may use your personal data are if it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to or a task we must do or are empowered to do in the public interest. The legislation that underpins those legal bases are Articles 6 and 50 of Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013 and the European Structural and Investment Funds Regulations 2014-2020.
If we use special categories of data, it will be because it is necessary for the conditions relating to substantial public interest.
Definitions of legal bases and conditions for using special categories of data can be found on the Information Commissioner's website.
Who receives the information
This information will be shared with our officers involved in the project, as well as our D2N2 partners, Derby City Council and Derby University who will work together to support your small or medium-sized enterprise (SME).
We may also share your personal data with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government for reporting purposes in relation to funding, and also with technical energy consultants if necessary for the DE-Carbonise Project.
It will not be shared with any other third parties unless required by law. The information provided will not be used for marketing purposes or to take any automated decisions.
How long we keep the information
The information provided will be kept in accordance with our retention policy.
How the information will be kept secure
We are committed to protecting personal data and have data policies and procedures in place to ensure that it is safeguarded.
Should you wish to raise any concerns about how we have processed your personal data you can contact the data protection officer, email email@example.com or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Derbyshire County Council
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner.
For further information on how we process personal data, please contact the data protection officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like a copy of this information in a different format, please email email@example.com.