Unfortunately, we can't accept applications from businesses that only trade with other businesses. This is because the scheme is designed to bring businesses and customers together and different rules apply to business to business contracts.
Businesses must have been trading in an unchanged capacity for 6 months or more, unless the trader can provide satisfactory details of previous trading history.
We do not make a profit from Trusted Trader so our fees are lower than most similar schemes set up in different parts of the country.
What you pay varies according to the size of your business. The application fee for 12 months membership is:
- £75 (including VAT) for sole traders and social enterprises
- £110 (including VAT) for all other businesses
We’ll send you an email when your renewal is due. The application fee and the renewal fee are set at the same level in any given year.
If your application is unsuccessful, the fee is not refundable. The fee you pay contributes to the costs incurred in checking your application, so the money is spent even if you’re not granted membership.
Completing the form
The form can only be completed by a person with the authority to commit the business to the code of practice
Once you have completed the form you will be directed to our online payments page. Your application will not be complete until you make the payment.
Once you’ve completed payment you’ll receive an email asking you to reply with the following:
Apply to be a Trusted Trader
- qualifications certificates
- registrations (for example, Gas Safe, Part P electrical, CSCS, FENSA)
- membership certificates (for example, trade bodies and associations)
- quality assurances (for example ISO9001, Kitemark, FSA)
- insurance backed guarantees membership (if appropriate)
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate or appropriate indemnity insurance (include copy of certificate and extract from policy schedule summarising PLI cover if this is not included on the certificate)
- utility bill or similar to show name and current address
- paperwork which you give to your customers (for example, estimates, quotations, receipts, letter heads, advertising leaflets and terms and conditions, if available
- copies of a sample of customer references if these are readily available (optional)
- any additional information which you feel might support your application
You can read our privacy notice to see how we use and protect any information we collect.
Processing your application
We're not able to process your application until we’ve received all the information requested, and we’ve carried out our business checks so please check you've included it all.
If you have any questions about your application to become a Trusted Trader please email: email@example.com and include:
- your name
- business name
- postal address
- telephone number