The COVID-19 Emergency Fund aims to support voluntary and community sector organisations with funding to allow them to them to continue to play a key role in the local response to COVID-19.
Organisations able to apply to the COVID-19 Emergency Fund
Formally constituted and non-constituted organisation can both apply.
Formally constituted means that organisations must have a bank account with at least 2 independent signatories, a governing document or list of governing members, a purpose, and a set of rules.
In addition, many mutual aid groups have been established as a part of the support mechanisms within communities. By definition, these groups are self-organised and led by volunteers, and will not be formally constituted. However, to recognise the role that they are playing in the response to COVID-19, it is proposed that mutual aid groups and other non-constituted organisations are eligible to apply.
Organisations with an existing contractual arrangement in place with the Public Health department should contact a member of the Public Health department initially to determine whether they would be eligible to apply.
Individuals, schools, local government departments, statutory bodies such as the police and the NHS, and organisations that make a profit are all ineligible for the COVID-19 Emergency Fund.
How much you can apply for
Formally constituted organisations can apply for a maximum of £2,000.
Non-constituted organisations can apply for a maximum of £250.
To be eligible for funding, organisations must:
- not have an existing contractual agreement in place with the Public Health department
- be supporting the response to COVID-19
- be known to the Public Health team through previous partnership working, be known to our Community Response Unit, or be known to the network of District Forums that support the work of the Community Response Unit
- provide a minimum level of detail, including geographic area covered, contact details for lead individual, and bank details for transfer of funding.
Make an application
To make an application to the COVID-19 Emergency Fund, simply download and complete the attached application form. You can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tips for completing your application
Setting aside some time and thought to fill in the application form will greatly strengthen your grant submission. The following may help when filling in the form:
- Answer each section carefully and concisely.
- Provide sufficient detail for us to know what it is you will deliver with the grant.
- Be specific about what you will be spending the grant on. Break down how the grant would be spent to enable the project to take place. If there isn't enough space to include the costs of all the items you are requesting funding for, you can attach a separate sheet.
- Provide evidence of need: explain why the project is necessary in terms of where it is being delivered.
Deadline for applications
Applications are reviewed on a regular basis. No date has been set for closing the fund, but we would recommend that organisations submit their application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 Emergency Fund or the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org