As a Primary Authority, we will provide businesses, or a group of businesses, with appropriate regulatory advice on which they can rely.
The benefits of a Primary Authority Partnership are:
Charging under a Primary Authority Partnership is on a cost recovery only basis. In Derbyshire the charge for 2018/19 is £65 per hour.
- Assured advice – the advice given by a Primary Authority is nationally binding and other councils are required to take this into account when carrying out inspections or dealing with non-compliance.
- Reduced cost of compliance - Primary Authority Partnerships can reduce costs by providing certainty to your business.
- Simplified regulatory process allowing you to work with a single local authority.
- Reduced risk of non-compliance.
- A single point of contact with a designated officer who gets to know you and your business.
If you would like to find out more about forming a Primary Authority Partnership with Derbyshire Trading Standards Service, please see the leaflet attached to this page and contact us on tel: 01629 536166.
Further information about the Primary Authority scheme is available on Gov.uk.