ShopAppy is a website which allows shops, cafes, restaurants and other local businesses and community organisations to display their goods and services to sell online. Shoppers can browse, book and buy - helping to support businesses in towns and villages across the county.
ShopAppy is active, or looking to sign up businesses, in the following Derbyshire communities: Alfreton, Ashbourne, Bakewell, Belper, Bolsover, Buxton, Chapel en le Frith, Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Clowne, Dronfield, Eckington, Glossop, Heanor, Hope Valley, Ilkeston, Killamarsh, Long Eaton, Matlock, Melbourne, New Mills, Shirebrook, Ripley, South Normanton, Staveley, Swadlincote, Whaley Bridge and Wirksworth.
Take a look at some of Derbyshire's business ShopAppy members:
Benefits to Derbyshire businesses
Benefits to Derbyshire businesses include:
- it gives an online presence to small independent businesses who may not have the money, time or knowhow to sell their products on the internet
- membership is currently free for any eligible Derbyshire business due to support from the county council and the eight district and borough councils. This gives unlimited use of the website until 30 November 2021 – the sooner the business signs up the longer the period of free membership they get
- there is lots of support from the ShopAppy team. Five ShopAppy webinars are held each week for businesses to find out more - the story so far, how it works and how to get started with time for questions and answers as well. There’s an active Facebook community.
- businesses can buy ShopAppy vouchers for their employees or clients who can then choose their own gift and support the local economy
- some businesses have said that the scheme has given them a digital lifeline that has helped them stay afloat during the pandemic
Benefits to Derbyshire residents
Benefits to Derbyshire residents include:
- it offers residents a safe and convenient way to shop from a wide range of businesses whilst helping to strengthen the economies of local towns and villages
- people can shop from and support their favourite local businesses online – especially helpful for the businesses when they are closed to visitors during lockdowns
- there are various delivery options – such as click and collect, collect from a central location or home delivery
- there are over 300 Derbyshire businesses in the scheme and many more independent businesses countrywide that shoppers can support
- ShopAppy vouchers are available as presents for all sorts of occasions like birthdays, Christmas and anniversaries
Start shopping or sign your business up now at ShopAppy.
You can also watch national TV coverage about ShopAppy on BBC Morning Show and ITV Tonight Show.