Work experience charter
We're committed to offering consistently high-quality work experience placements.
- tailor the placement to your needs and circumstances
- take into account the skills you want to develop, the barriers you face and your career aspirations
- ensure our expectations of you are clear and that you're supported, supervised and mentored by experienced managers
- treat you fairly and as an active member of staff
- help you learn and develop transferrable skills, personal qualities and competencies to make you attractive to future employers
- celebrate your success and encourage you to become more positive and confident in your abilities
- encourage you to relate your experiences and skills to the work place so that you're able to make a more informed decision about your future.
- give open and honest feedback with advice on what went well and what needs to be improved.
- let us know your expectations of the placement
- show an interest in the organisation and a career in local government
- make the most of the opportunity by demonstrating a willingness to learn, respecting the values of the organisation and abiding by the rules.