There are 2 parts to the day - the practical driving session and the classroom session.
The driving element of the day will enable participants to learn and practice:
- moving off safely and correctly
- steering an accurate course
- changing up and down gears
- braking safely and coming to a stop
This session is delivered by approved driving instructors.
The classroom session offers guidance and insight into:
- the importance of choosing the right driving instructor
- the cost of learning to drive and maintaining a vehicle
- vehicle maintenance
- the highway code
This session is carried out by a road safety officer.
Length of course
The day runs from 9am to 3.30pm.
The course costs £55. Participants receive a 2-hour practical off-road driving session with a fully qualified driving instructor in a dual controlled car and a classroom theory session. Light refreshments will also be provided.
Date, time and location
The next courses are on:
- Sunday 14 August 2022 at Joint Training Centre, Butterley Hall, Ripley DE5 3RS
- Sunday 4 September 2022 at County Hall, Matlock, DE4 3AG
- Sunday 23 October 2022 at Joint Training Centre, Butterley Hall, Ripley DE5 3RS
You can reserve a place on a course by completing the online booking form.
Please bring comfortable clothing, no high heels. Bring a coat to wear for the outdoor session.
If you wear glasses for reading please remember to bring them with you on the day.
Please bring lunch.
If you have any special requirements or if you'd just like more information, please email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 538060.
Book a place
To book a place complete our First Gear booking form.
Book a First Gear training course