There are 2 parts to the day - the practical driving session and the classroom session.
The driving element of the day will enable participants to learn and practice:
- moving off safely and correctly
- steering an accurate course
- changing up and down gears
- braking safely and coming to a stop
This session is delivered by approved driving instructors.
The classroom session offers guidance and insight into:
- the importance of choosing the right driving instructor
- the cost of learning to drive and maintaining a vehicle
- vehicle maintenance
- the highway code
This session is carried out by a road safety officer.
Length of course
The day runs from 9am to 3.30pm.
The course costs £39. For this participants receive a 2 hour practical off-road driving session with a fully qualified driving instructor in a dual controlled car and a classroom theory session. Light refreshments and a buffet lunch will also be provided.
Date and location
- Wednesday 17 April 2019 – Staveley Fire Station
- Sunday 19 May 2019 – Joint Training Centre, Ripley
- Saturday 29 June 2019 – County Hall, Matlock
- Friday 26 July 2019 – The Long Eaton School, Long Eaton
- Monday 19 August 2019 – Staveley Fire Station
- Saturday 14 September 2019 – Joint Training Centre, Ripley
- Sunday 20 October 2019 – County Hall, Matlock
Please bring comfortable clothing, no high heels. Bring a coat to wear for the outdoor session. If you wear glasses for reading please remember to bring them with you on the day. If you have any special requirements or if you'd just like more information, please email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 538060.
Book a place
To book a place, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the person attending the course, their age and their preferred training date and location. Or you can tel: 01629 538060.