We're offering free 'driving safer for longer' information sessions to Derbyshire residents aged 65 years and older.
The 'driving safer for longer' information sessions offer attendees a change to update their driving knowledge. The session covers the following themes:
- hazard perception
- vehicle adaptations
- eyesight and hearing
- smart motorways
- drink and drug driving
- seatbelts and children's car seats
- information about giving up driving
Length of the course
The session runs for 90 minutes.
The information session is free to attend. Light refreshments will be provided.
Date and location
We have a number of information sessions planned:
- Thursday 14 June 2018 between 11am and 12.30pm, Buxton Fire Station
- Tuesday 26 June 2018 between 10.30am and 12pm, Staveley Fire Station
- Tuesday 10 July 2018 between 10.30am and 12pm, Chesterfield Fire Station
- Thursday 19 July 2018 between 10.30am and 12pm, Bolsover Library
- Tuesday 14 August 2018 between 11am and 12.30pm, Swadlincote Adult Education Centre
- Monday 3 September 2018 between 10.30am and 12pm, Ashbourne Adult Education Centre
- Saturday 15 September 2018 between 2pm and 3.30pm, County Hall, Matlock
- Monday 17 September 2018 between 10.30am and 12pm, Chesterfield Library
If you have any special requirements please email: DrivingSafer.ForLonger@derbyshire.gov.uk or tel: 01629 538060.
Book a place
To book a place, email DrivingSafer.ForLonger@derbyshire.gov.uk with your name and your preferred training date and location. Or you can telephone 01629 538060.