The aim of this work is to provide better and more joined up health and social care services to the residents of Derbyshire.
The Derbyshire Shared Care Record is a new confidential computer record that will join up different records to create a more comprehensive and up-to-date record about you. Over time this will help improve the care you receive.
The key partners in the DSCR are:
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust
- Derbyshire GP Alliance
- DHU Health Care
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Derbyshire County Council
- East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
The kind of information that could be shared
The following type of information could be shared:
- your up-to-date personal contact details and care needs
- list of diagnosed conditions – so health or social care professionals have a better understanding of your care needs
- medications – so everyone treating you knows what medicines you've been prescribed
- allergies – to make sure you aren't given medicine that might give you an adverse reaction
- test results – to speed up your treatment and care
- referrals, clinic letters and discharge information – to make sure the people caring for you have all the information they need
Why we need to share this information
Within some services, information is already shared. Having the ability under the Derbyshire Shared Care Record to access the same information and share it more readily will allow medical and social care professionals to decide more quickly what treatment you may need and the best way to help and care for you.
This will help provide you with better health and social care.
There are a number of benefits from linking health and social care records for you. These include:
- co-ordinated and safer care
- clear decisions about your care
- no need to repeat your details to different professionals
- your care record is always available
- we always have accurate contact details
- co-ordinated care around your needs
- understanding your situation better
- your record travels with you around the county
We're working to improve your experience of integrated health and social care. To achieve this, we're making care records available to health and social care staff in line with current legislation – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
The GDPR gives us lawful reasons to process your personal information. Your health and social care professional can talk to you about how your information is shared and tell you how you can opt out of the DSCR if you want to.
Please also refer to our privacy notice for further information
If you wish to opt out you can complete the DSCR citizen opt-out form.
You can read more about the DSCR and download the following information on the Joined Up Care Derbyshire website:
- DSCR - 2-page flyer
- DSCR - 6-page leaflet
- DSCR easy read
- the DSCR explained