Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Winter pressures - pathway for professionals

We recognise the challenges affecting everyone during the winter, but these challenges have been intensified this year by the impact of COVID-19.

People are affected in so many ways, this could be financially or it could have impacted on their health and wellbeing as they may have become lonely and isolated.

The colder months can impact on everyone especially the older and vulnerable members of our community or those living with ill health or long term conditions.

The winter pressures referral form will initiate the process, and once received the Community Response Unit will work with the client to link them to appropriate support and advice.

Where situations are more complex a worker will be allocated to support an individual, but in all cases the focus will be on enabling the person to help themselves. We recognise that in these difficult times people need more support.

Please complete the winter pressures referral form if your client needs support with any of the following:

  • support with getting food (shopping or food bank)
  • collecting prescriptions
  • social isolation
  • keeping the home warm, including fuel poverty, winter fuel grants
  • home and heating maintenance issues
  • energy advice – changing suppliers or tariff
  • income maximisation and debt
  • employment support
  • eviction and homelessness support
  • reducing slips and falls – practical help
  • accessing flu vaccinations
  • health improvement services
Complete the winter pressures referral form

Eligibility criteria apply to some of these services.

Household Support Fund – referral form for professionals

If the client is in need of financial assistance for food, heating or assistance with essentials items such as white goods, you can make a direct referral to the Household Support Fund by completing our online form.

You will need the client's National Insurance Number (NINO) in order to make the referral.

There is more information about the Household Support Fund in the document attached to this page.

Complete the Household Support Fund referral form