It also makes sure that services provided by us, GPs and other healthcare providers work effectively together.
The board is chaired by our Cabinet Member for Health and Communities Councillor Carol Hart and includes representatives from other organisations.
These include district and borough councils, GPs, Healthwatch Derbyshire, representatives from clinical commissioning groups, healthcare providers, voluntary sector and social care agencies.
You can find a full list of members of Derbyshire's Health and Wellbeing Board and reports from the board meetings attached to this page.
The Health and Wellbeing Board takes place by a virtual meeting, every quarter.
Further information about the meeting can be found on the Derbyshire Democracy website.
Health and wellbeing strategy
The Health and Wellbeing Board is required to publish a strategy setting out its key priorities and how members will work together to improve the health and wellbeing of Derbyshire's residents.
Derbyshire's Health and Wellbeing Strategy sets out 5 priorities for improving health and wellbeing across Derbyshire, focusing on action to address the wider determinants of health.
The 5 priorities are:
- Enable people in Derbyshire to live healthy lives.
- Work to lower levels of air pollution.
- Build mental health and wellbeing across the life course.
- Support our vulnerable populations to live in well-planned and healthy homes.
- Strengthen opportunities for quality employment and lifelong learning.
Addressing these priorities will help us work to achieve our overarching outcomes for Derbyshire:
- increased healthy life expectancy
- reduced differences in life expectancy and healthy life expectancy between communities
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
The Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) reports on the health and wellbeing needs of people in Derbyshire. It brings together data on local health and wellbeing needs and looks ahead at emerging challenges and any future needs. This information then guides the future planning and commissioning of health and wellbeing services within Derbyshire.