View the most up-to-date information about the coronavirus. Find out about new measures at recycling centres and check waiting times.
The Derby Canal was built by James Brindley in 1796. It ran from Swarkestone, on the Trent and Mersey Canal to Sandiacre, on the Erewash Canal.
The canal eventually closed in 1964 and large sections were quickly filled in with very few sites still in water, but those that are can be seen at Swarkestone, Sandiacre and Borrowash.
This section of the former Derby canal, including the Borrowash Top Lock, is completely filled in but the restored Ullicker's Bridge, an original canal bridge, is present at the eastern end of the site.
A public footpath runs the length of the canal.
To the east of Station Road in other ownership there's a section of partially restored canal.
Browser does not support script.