School and educational groups at Shipley Country Park
School and other children’s groups use the park for educational visits such as pond dipping, mini-beast safaris, tree trails and wayfaring.
Groups are encouraged to be self-led and rangers are available to offer support and advice.
Facilities for school and other groups
Our facilities include:
- Green Room for hire
- support, advice, ideas for a range of activities from rangers
- wayfaring network
- gift shop
Items for loan
Items for loan include:
- clue card trails and activity sheets by arrangement
- pond-dipping equipment (white tray, bug pots, identification sheets and pond dipping nets)
- mini-beast safari equipment (white trays, bug pots, identification sheets, white sheets)
- pre-set route maps for wayfaring
- guidance packs for pond-dipping, mini-beast hunting, wayfaring and nature trails - these provide all the information and resources for teachers and group leaders to be self-led
- herbivore skull and carnivore skull (resin replicas)
All of these are available for loan free of charge. On making a booking. A booking charge applies.
Items to download
There are a range of activities, resources and teacher's notes available to download for free from Derbyshire Environmental Studies Service.
These activities help visitors develop their historical knowledge, geographical, navigational and observational fieldwork skills around Shipley Country Park.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the environmental studies service.