Horse riding at Elvaston Castle Country Park
Elvaston Castle offers facilities for horse riding with a 2.2 mile bridleway linking to the multi user river path route that runs to Derby. There is no other horse riding allowed within the country park.
facilities for horse riders include:
- horse box parking at the main car park, opposite the toilet block
- free horse riding leaflet for Derbyshire, available from the information centre in the main castle courtyard
- marked bridleway around the circumference of the park
The park is very popular and horse riders must share the site with other users. We ask you to abide by these simple rules for the mutual enjoyment and safety of horse riders and other visitors:
- please ride only on the bridleways and the multi-user River Path - in particular, please keep off mown areas and lawns
- plan your route carefully
- ride in a careful and responsible manner - be aware of other users, remember many people are nervous of horses
- galloping is not allowed anywhere in the country park - limit your speed and always ride within your stopping distance
- please wear the appropriate safety equipment
- horse drawn vehicles are not allowed on footpaths or bridleways within the park
For further information please contact the main office email email@example.com or tel: 01629 533870.