Due to COVID-19 we're currently offering a kiosk service only, providing drinks, confectionery (including traditional loose sweets), snacks and ice creams.
There's a queuing system in operation and we're allowing customers into the kiosk area on a one in - one out basis. Please help us to keep both you and our staff safe by following any markings or guidance in place.
You can find the shop easily by walking from the castle, through the archway underneath the clock tower.
You'll also find public toilets, with a disabled toilet and a baby changing area (ladies toilet only due to space restrictions in the gents) within the courtyard. There is a large noticeboard underneath the archway containing a site map and information relating to events on the park.
The park office is located in this courtyard, as are the Earl of Harrington’s stables, once used to house his prize stallions. The stables are now used as a display area, with the potential to house small scale local art exhibitions.
See if you can spot the wheel wash area, where carriages were washed down before they were put away for the day!
The information centre and shop provides:
- helpful staff
- 2 mobility scooters - ‘Trampers’ (available for membership or hire)
- a well-stocked gift shop, offering items ranging from greeting cards and quality recycled picnic blankets, to pocket money toys and eco-friendly gifts
- hot and cold drinks
- confectionery, ice cream and pre-packaged muffins and flapjacks
- seasonal heritage vegetables and plants grown on site
- a wide range of information leaflets and booklets – most are free
- maps and information about the park and local nature reserve
- our annual destination sites and events guide
Information centre and shop opening times
Our opening times have changed so we can carry out extra cleaning.
April to September
Friday to Monday from 11am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm.
October to March
Friday to Monday from 10am to 3:30pm.
We hope to open 7 days a week during all Derbyshire school holidays.
If you have any queries you can contact the Information Centre and Shop during shop opening hours, tel: 01629 533884. When the shop is closed, call our main office, tel: 01629 533870.