You can pick up a free copy of the countryside service’s annual events booklet from our shop and information centre. Order a copy of the events programme.
Gruesome Tales at Elvaston Castle
Saturday 26 October 2019, 6pm to 8pm
Join us, if you dare, for spine-tingling stories as we explore the eerie grounds of Elvaston Castle at night!
We promise plenty of family fiendish fun including a rare visit to the ghostly Gothic Hall and a spooky supper in Wyatts café.
- Length: less than 2 miles
- Ages: from 7 years and over
- Equipment: come in spooky fancy dress with suitable footwear and please bring a torch
- Cost: adults £15, children £8 - price includes food
- Booking is essential. To book, please contact the ranger's office tel: 01629 533870 from 9am to 5pm
Elvaston's Pumpkin Party
Thursday, 31 October 2019, 10.30am to 3pm
Head to the courtyards to visit our Pumpkin Parlour! With the help of our fiendish friends, carve your very own pumpkin to take home.
Fancy dress is encouraged. Pick up a Halloween trail sheet and explore the gruesome grounds of Elvaston – watch out for scary surprises along the way! Return it to claim a treat.
- Length: less than a mile
- Equipment: come in spooky fancy dress
- Cost: £2 per trail sheet. Pumpkin Parlour and other activities: charges apply
- No need to book, just come along and enjoy
More forthcoming events include:
- Derby 10 Mile on 17 November 2019
- Sky's The Limit on 23 November and 7 December 2019
- Christmas Fair on 23 and 24 November and 7, 8, 14 and 15 December 2019
- Christmas wreath making on 8 and 15 December 2019
Booking a place on an event
The majority of countryside service events offered can be booked via Elvaston Castle Country Park. Please tel: 01629 533870 from 9am to 4pm. If no-one is available to take your call, please leave your name, number and event name and we'll contact you as soon as we can.
Some events require pre-payment. Special event charges vary. Some of our events are free to attend, but parking charges apply.
If you're coming to several events and visit our countryside sites regularly, why not consider an annual season ticket.
Organising your own event
Elvaston Castle Country Park is able to host a wide range of events. Please get in touch if you're interested in holding your event with us:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Derbyshire Woodland Festival
A brilliant family day out with lots of opportunities to see and have a go at contemporary and traditional woodland crafts. See live re-enactments and watch exhibitors entertain with songs and stories including lots of activities for children.
There's lots of things to do including wood carving, wood turning, willow weaving and sculpture to bushcraft, bespoke furniture, arts, textiles, and much more to buy.
Enjoy exploring Elvaston Castle's beautiful parkland and sample some delicious food.
Find out more about the Derbyshire Woodland Festival.