This section provides you with more information on voting, why you should vote, how to register and different ways to vote, including by proxy or post.
Why you should vote
It’s important to register to vote and use your vote as it gives you a say on who represents you on local matters such as:
- how your council tax is spent
- health and social care for you and your family
- your community
- local services like libraries
- looking after the countryside
- protecting your rights through trading standards
- your roads, pavements and rights of way
- your child’s education.
The next county council election is due to take place in May 2021.