The statement of accounts is an annual publication that sets out exactly what we spent.
This publication is designed to fit in with the latest regulations and guidance on the production of accounts for local authorities.
Audit of statement of accounts
In accordance with Regulation 16(1) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, notice is given that the audit of our statement of accounts for 2016 to 2017 has been concluded. The post-audit statement of accounts is attached to this page.
Section 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 allows local government electors to inspect and make copies of:
- the statement of accounts prepared by us
- the local auditor’s certificate that the audit of our accounts, including that statement has been completed
- the local auditor’s opinion on the statement of accounts
- any public interest report relating to us or an entity connected with it
- any recommendations relating to us or an entity connected with it
We can supply the above information to an elector on receipt of a reasonable sum from the elector for each copy requested. Or an elector may make a request to us to inspect the documents on working days, between 10am and 4pm at:
For more information, please contact Eleanor Scriven, email email@example.com or telephone 01629 538950.