Via the Culture, Heritage and Tourism ( CHAT) board which provides a strategic overview of the sector in collaboration with partner organisations, we have commissioned, with support from Arts Council England, a new cultural framework for Derbyshire as an agile response to COVID-19.
The framework includes a blend of short-term measures to support recovery along with longer-term interventions to enable the sector to become more resilient, re-orientate, grow, capitalise on new opportunities and support Derbyshire’s place-shaping strategies, in particular the visitor economy and market towns renewal.
Through extensive consultation across the sector with a wide range of organisations and groups 5 key themes have emerged, whose implementation will be phased over the next 5 years:
- Derbyshire Hothouse: developing and diversifying Derbyshire’s creative talent
- The Derbyshire Story: celebrating Derbyshire’s cultural heritage, stories, landscape and people
- New Market Place: harnessing culture and creativity to build vibrant, welcoming cultural hubs for residents and visitors
- Shine a Light: developing distinctive signature projects, of scale and quality, to dramatically improve the offer for local communities and visitors
- Collective Derbyshire: providing leadership and a shared voice to support sustainability and collaboration across the county and city