Reasons to work for Derbyshire
Derbyshire's population of older people is growing, which means we're always on the lookout for people to join our hard-working teams of care workers.
Why choose Derbyshire County Council?
Good pay rates
We pay over and above the new National Living Wage which is currently £7.20 an hour.
Our pay rates are:
- £8.28-£8.75 an hour for care workers in the community or in a residential care home
- £9.96-£10.86 an hour for a senior care worker
Good terms and conditions
We'll give you all the training you need to do the job, free of charge. We'll also provide you with a uniform and any equipment to carry out your work.
In addition you'll get:
- Five weeks holiday and eight bank holidays a year − pro rata. After five years you'll get an extra week.
- Extra pay for unsocial hours − when you work after 7pm or before 7am
- Extra pay for working on a Bank Holiday
- Mileage allowance
- Paid travel time between calls
- No zero hours contracts
As well as providing you with on-the-job training, there are also opportunities to further your career in care, if that's what you want.