Access our systems
How to access email and computer systems for our employees, colleagues, schools, partners and suppliers.
A few things to note:
- Access is being secured to meet stricter requirements from the Cabinet Office. Without this, the council's access to secure electronic services with other public sector bodies such as police, DWP, or HMRC will be withdrawn.
- Additional security, known as two-factor authentication, has been applied to the Juniper Secure Portal and Outlook Web App (OWA) to comply with Cabinet Office timescales. More information about this can be found on the Remote Access page.
- Access to the systems provided below is over a secure connection.
- If your computer doesn't meet the minimum security requirements for the system login, you will not be provided with a login box.
- This facility is not available to all employees. You should speak to your line manager about whether you should have access.
Accessing your email via Outlook Web App (OWA)
This service is currently unavailable. A replacement service is being developed.
Should you need to view your work email from a non Derbyshire County Council piece of equipment you can be given access to login over a secure internet connection to webmail.
In order to do this your email account needs to be enabled. Webmail allows you to read and reply to email, but any email attachments will be read-only.
Accessing other systems via the Juniper Secure Portal
You can access Workplace, Dnet and other systems once you have logged in through the portal. A virtual private connection (VPN) will also be established by logging in.
Guidance can be found in the remote access section.
If you have any problems with any aspect of the email service or the portal (including meeting the minimum computer security requirements), please contact the Service Desk on ext: 37777 or tel: 01629 537777. If you have access to our internal network please use Service Desk Online.