Teachers’ Pensions provides full, up to date information about the scheme including:
- registering on the website to access personalised pension information and submit or amend personal data directly to teachers’ pensions
- contribution rates
- nominating pension beneficiaries
- transferring pension credit into the scheme
- purchasing additional pension and AVCs
- opting-out and rejoining the scheme
- applying for scheme benefits
- up to date news on the pension reforms being introduced to the scheme in 2015.
Changes to the Teachers' Pension Scheme
The Government has committed to reviewing the long term affordability and sustainability of public service pension schemes, which includes the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Changes to members' pension contribution rates were implemented following the introduction of tiered contribution levels in April 2012.
From April 2015 new scheme regulations were brought into force.
There is a useful modeller which helps members understand how the new regulations could affect their pension situation.
Queries on teachers' pensions
Where members have queries on the Teachers’ Pension Scheme, the website will be able to provide information on all of the main aspects of the scheme.
Any queries relating to incorrect recording of pensionable teaching service, or periods missing from the Teachers’ Pension Scheme record should be directed to the employer at the time.
If such a query relates to teaching employment with Derbyshire County Council, please provide details in writing of the error or missing period along with your full name, date of birth and National Insurance number to:
Schools Adjustments Team (Teachers’ Pensions)
Shared Services Centre
John Hadfield House