Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Pensions complaints and disputes

What to do if you are not happy with a decision about your pension scheme benefits or the assessment of your contribution banding.

The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) has a disputes procedure which aims to resolve matters locally, wherever possible.

Decision about your pension scheme benefits

If you are dissatisfied with a decision made regarding your pension scheme benefits you may first wish to contact us, explaining what you feel is wrong. We will then look into your case and provide you with a written reply. Most problems can be solved this way.

Write to:

Pensions Section
Derbyshire County Council
County Hall

If this does not resolve your query you can follow the formal disputes procedure, details of which can be found in the leaflet attached to this page.

Assessment of your pension contribution banding

You need to contact our personnel or human resources section who will advise you of our method of assessment and clarify your position.