The work of the Pension Fund is organised into two parts:
- the pensions administration team looks after the records of the fund’s 90,000 LGPS members and calculates and arranges payment of pension benefits
- the pensions investments team looks after the fund’s assets, to ensure that there are sufficient funds to meet our pension obligations
There are around 170 employing authorities in the Derbyshire fund, including:
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derby City Council
- all the district and borough councils in Derbyshire
- Peak District National Park
- Derbyshire Police Authority
- Derbyshire Fire Authority
- Derby College
- Chesterfield College
- University of Derby
- a host of town and parish councils and a large group of smaller employers via admission agreements
The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) regulations are complex, but there is a great deal of information available to assist you, either in this section, on the national LGPS website, or in our factsheets and leaflets.
If you're unable to find an answer to a specific question please contact us directly.