Transport funding bids
As part of the Autumn Statement 2016 the Government announced the creation of a National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF) worth in total £23bn.
NPIF is for investment in areas that are key to boosting productivity: transport, digital communications, research and development and housing. The secretary of state for transport gave further details in written statements to Parliament indicating that of the total, £1.1bn will be for local roads.
The funding reflects the Government's strong commitment to rebalancing productivity by tackling specific barriers. These barriers are often congestion on the highway network that is restricting the movement of goods and people. The element of NPIF dedicated to overcoming barriers on the local network totals £925m capital. It is intended to secure immediate impacts and is aimed at projects that can be delivered quickly.
We are submitting two bids that covers the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 element of the NPIF fund. The documents attached to this page provide the bid information as required by the DfT NPIF guidance.
The Safer Roads Fund totals £175m between 2017/18 and 2020/21. The Department for Transport (DfT) has invited proposals from eligible local highway authorities to improve the safety of 50 specific sections of local A' roads, where the risk of fatal and serious collisions is highest, based on the analysis by the Road Safety Foundation. As a result we will be submitting bids for the following three roads:
- A619 Bakewell - Baslow
- A5012, A515, A6 Cromford
- A5004 Buxton - Whaley Bridge
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Excel format. You can download software to view Excel documents for free from the Excel viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.
- Staveley Regeneration Route - Phase One bid (8972KB)
- Derbyshire Highways Hub Advanced Real Time Information (DHART) bid (4248KB)
- Appendix 2 - 2011 Census Travel to Work Movements (4122KB)
- Appendix 2 Derby HMA Core Strategy Transport Modelling report part 1 (4109KB)
- Appendix 3 - supplementary information D2N2 real time information (33KB)
- Appendix 3 - NPIF impact pro-forma (33KB)
- Appendix 3 - DHART benefit cost ratio model (155KB)
- Appendix 6 - quantified risk assessment (82KB)
- Appendix E (7865KB)
- Appendix F (339KB)
- Appendix G (66KB)
- Funding for Innovation: Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (815KB)
- 2015 Maintenance Challenge Fund Application (619KB)
- Sustainable Travel Access Fund Application (8249KB)
- Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund Tranche 2A (LHMCF2A) Application (3652KB)
- Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund Tranche 2A VFM pro-forma (24KB)
- LHMCF2A - Appendix A - Drg No CF2A2017-01 - Gully Locations (605KB)
- LHMCF2A - Appendix B - BCR Supporting Rates - Confidential (46KB)
- LHMCF2A - Appendix C - Intelligent Gully Cleansing Data (153KB)
- LHMCF2A - Appendix D - Drg No CF2A2017-02 - Resilient Network (674KB)
- LHMCF 2A - Appendix E - Traffic Flow Data (169KB)
- LHMCF2A - Appendix F - Accident Data (22KB)
- A5012 Annex C DfT Safer Roads Fund application form and appendices (7427KB)
- A5004 Annex C DfT Safer Roads Fund application form and appendices (8084KB)
- A619 Annex C DfT Safer Roads Fund application form and sppendices (6230KB)