Derbyshire Advocacy Service logo - it's your voice, right 2 be cared 4

If you're a child or young person in care, leaving care or needs our support you can ask an independent advocate for help.

You can contact an advocate for lots of different reasons. For example, about:

  • seeing your family,
  • where you live,
  • feeling safe
  • education.

We'll visit you wherever you feel most comfortable and at a time which is convenient to you, such as after school or at the weekend.

Our services are available to any vulnerable child or young person and as there's no waiting list we'll allocate an advocate quickly.

How to ask for an independent advocate

You can contact us yourself or ask an adult to contact us for you. 

An adult can't ask for an advocate to help you without you agreeing to this. You have a right to say no if you don't want the help.:

Write to:

Participation Team 
Room 388 
County Hall