Your FosterTalk membership will provide you and your family with an unlimited and extensive range of independent support.
- Legal expenses insurance. You're protected under FosterTalk's policy in the unfortunate event of an allegation against you or a member of your family (see the policy for full terms and conditions).
- £10,000 for legal representation at interview under caution.
- £100,000 for defence against criminal prosecution.
- £25,000 for defence against a civil claim.
- £5,000 for legal support to make representation at stage 4 of a barring recommendation (DBS).
Your membership also provides you with unlimited access to:
- 24 hour legal helpline
- arrest and interview assistance
- tax and accountancy and benefits helpline
- 24 hour counselling helpline
- independent financial advice
- education advisory service
- fostering advisor support
- access to an online educational website
- 24 hour medical helpline
- quarterly magazine
- online forums
- access to over 4,000 offers.
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following document is in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.
- Foster Carers Independent Support Service (FISS) (716KB)
- The role of the Foster Carers Independent Support Service (FISS) advisor - a guide for fostering services (206KB)
- FosterTalk legal expenses insurance members summary guide (692KB)
- FosterTalk 2018 update (120KB)